The contest to identify Realtors who serve their communities selects 5 Realtors just about every calendar year. In 2021, Christina Sauger was honored for her work feeding these in need.
CLEARWATER, Fla. – For 22 years, the Nationwide Association of Realtors®’ (NAR) Fantastic Neighbor Awards has identified Realtors® who make an remarkable effect on their communities as a result of volunteer perform.
1 of the 5 Realtors named this yr for a major award hails from Florida: Christina Sauger with Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc. in Clearwater, Fla.
“Once yet again, we have a outstanding course of winners from across the nation,” suggests NAR President Charlie Oppler. “As these Realtors demonstrate each individual working day, just one personal can make a incredible, positive impact on a group by volunteering. I am so proud to honor this year’s Superior Neighbor Award winners for earning a big difference in so lots of lives.”
Sauger started The Harbor Dish, a nonprofit business that provides balanced foods and emotional guidance to any one in her local community, irrespective of their potential to fork out. The cell program facilitates significant-scale neighborhood dinners held on a pay out-what-you-can product. It also, provides incredibly hot foods to senior and homebound citizens, foster children, domestic violence survivors and many others in want.
A decade ago, Sauger owned a major household and opened her doorway to any individual for a cup of coffee, a sympathetic ear or a mattress to slumber in. On Sundays, she invited good friends and strangers to delight in a household-cooked meal and a several hrs of camaraderie. Leftovers were being boxed up for ill neighbors.
“It wasn’t just about foods it was about earning connections and constructing neighborhood with a person a different,” claims Sauger, a longtime resident of Basic safety Harbor, Fla.
Influenced by the concept of nourishing system and soul, she created the nonprofit Harbor Dish in 2013 and has served as its unpaid government director due to the fact then. Harbor Dish is a cell operation with multipronged programming. Volunteers, like professional chefs, prepare dinner and supply hundreds of healthful, microwavable foods to residential facilities for foster little ones and domestic violence survivors, homes of seniors and ESL classrooms. They also host substantial-scale out of doors dinners for the community and pop-up activities during the city.
NAR’s 2021 Very good Neighbor Award winners
- Bob Bell, Mile Hello House, Denver, Colo., for Food items for Assumed Denver
- Sydney Ealy, Brooks & Davis Real Estate, Houston, Texas, for TWST4Ladies
- Brent Gieseke, Exit Realty Specialists, Kansas City, Mo., for Agape Pamoja Inc.
- Kibe Lucas, KW The Kibe Lucas Staff, Wasilla, Alaska, for The Children’s Place
- Christina Sauger, Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc., Clearwater, Fla., for The Harbor Dish
Each and every of NAR’s five winners – picked by a multistage, criteria-dependent judging process – will acquire a $10,000 grant for their charity and be featured in the Slide 2021 difficulty of Realtor Journal. They will also be presented with crystal trophies on Saturday, Nov. 13, during the 2021 Realtors Meeting & Expo in San Diego.
In addition to the winners, five Realtors have been acknowledged as Good Neighbor Award honorable mentions and will just about every acquire $2,500 grants:
- Dawn M. Adams, The Palmetto Authentic Estate Organization, Aiken, S.C., for Abolish Slavery Coalition
- Sharon Chambers-Gordon, Windermere Specialist Partners, Tacoma, Clean., for Raising Girls
- Chris Cockerham, F.C. Tucker/Bloomington Real estate agent, Bloomington, Ind., for New Hope for Families
- Denny and Linda Ellsworth-Moore, Coldwell Banker Hubbell BriarWood-Delta, Lansing, Mich., for Little one and Family Charities
- Raymond Siddell, Keller Williams Legacy Group, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, for Together We Obtain
NAR also hosts an online-voting contest so Realtors can vote for their beloved Great Neighbor out of the 10 finalists. For 2021, the adhering to acquired the most votes:
- Brent Gieseke, will get an additional $2,500 bonus donation for Agape Pamoja
- Raymond Siddell, will get an further $1,250 for Collectively We Attain
- Denny Moore & Linda Ellsworth-Moore, will get an more $1,250 for Child and Loved ones Charities
NAR’s Fantastic Neighbor Awards plan is supported by most important sponsor real estate agent.com, together with Chase and the Middle for Realtor Growth.
© 2021 Florida Realtors®