After the sweaty summers, come the winter bliss. The long chilly days of hot chocolate and comfy sweaters, winters are the favourite of all. But, like always, there are exceptions. Winters bring along dry and patchy skin leaving many distressed, no matter how much they want to enjoy the snowflakes. Now, winters will be enjoyable for people with dry skin as well because here we have listed natural face packers meant to moisturize and nourish skin from within. The ingredients used in these face packs are all sourced from your kitchens and home gardens.
1.Clotted Cream and Honey: Your kitchen is a gem of the place. It has hidden ingredients that can benefit your skin in ways unimaginable. Two such common ingredients are clotted cream and honey. Clotted cream is Malai in Hindi. You can take clotted cream to be as an intense moisturizing agent whereas the honey is the ingredient to clear the skin off the bacteria that can be the reason for pesky acne and pimples.
- In a bowl, take a tablespoon of malai and honey. Mix well.
- Clean the face and apply the mixture on the face.
- Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- For best results, apply this mixture at least twice.
- You would feel your skin soft and supple.
2. Banana and Milk: The harsh and cold winter winds leave the skin dry, taking away the natural lustre and shine. It is essential for you to keep your skin hydrated well. And, the best is to do naturally with banana and milk mixture. The banana will remove the dead skin, whereas the milk is a cleansing agent, both will help unveil the inner glow. If your skin is oily or for some reasons, you do not want to use milk, substitute it with rose water. You can make rose water from yellow roses as well because it removes impurities and leaves the skin soft and supple.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and add two tablespoons of milk
- Apply on the face and let it dry
- Wash with lukewarm water.
3. Aloe Vera And Oil: You must have an Aloe Vera plant blooming in your home garden. If not, it’s time for you to get one because, without this succulent plant, your winters would suck! The fleshy leaves of the Aloe Vera plant contain a sap that would ensure hydration along with other benefits. Then, if you mix the Aloe Vera gel with almond oil or sesame oil, it will do wonders.
- Mix Aloe Vera gel with any of these two oils.
- Take a small amount and rub between your palms.
- Then, apply on your face and leave it to dry.
- Wash your face, and you will feel it soft instantly.
4. Papaya and Raw Milk: You can easily get papayas in winters. When you take a bite of it, make sure you save a little bit for your face. Papayas are power-packed with Vitamins, nutrients, and minerals and even milk are rich in Vitamin E.
- Cut papayas into small pieces and then mash it.
- Add raw milk to it to make a coarse paste.
- Apply it and wait until it dries.
- Wash off with tap water.